Confessions of an audiobook addict

Why, hello blogging world. I'm Leah and I have been reading for about 25 years. I started reading on my dad's lap, and I have never stopped. Always being plagued by insomnia, I have read to save myself from hours of boredom and infomercials, and admittedly, JTV - which by the way is a very entertaining way to spend several hours. I will allow JTV to sidetrack me just for a moment, since there is something about southerners talking about gemstones that puts my romantic heart to twitter. I'm from Baltimore, so we just don't have cute accents like those.

Anyway, back to reading. So once I started law school, I realized that reading for pleasure was not something I would have time for. I had always listened to books on tape while driving, so I amped up my use of books on tape to ease my cravings for books. As a result, I would arrive late to school, work, or home because I simply couldn't leave my car. I knew that once I got out, my perfect book world would be destroyed by the real world. (Un)Luckily, My job is pretty boring so I can usually finish a book over 1 or two days, but my husband still has to fetch me from my car most nights. If you were to ask my friends if I have any weird habits, they would say that I am always running around with earbuds.

Although everyone knows I am an audio book junkie, I keep my preferences a secret. I am a closet romance/fantasy/sci-fi fiend. My preferences include: urban fantasy, paranormal romance, contemporary romance, historical romance, mystery, some general fantasy and sci fi, and a number of bestsellers just because. Favorite authors include: Ilona Andrews, Jeaniene Frost, Kim Harrison, Eloisa James, Lisa Lutz, Maria V. Snyder, Chloe Neill, C.E. Murphy, Patrica Briggs, Richelle Mead, and Lisa Kleypas just to name a bunch.

I am always looking for recommendations, but in fair warning, I usually only "read" books from audiobooks.com as I have a subscription there - best 30 smackaroos I spend a month!

Comments